E-Safety at Academy 360
12 rules for responsible ICT use
These rules will keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others.
- I will only use the Academy’s computers for schoolwork and
- I will only delete my own
- I will not look at other people’s files without their
- I will keep my login and password
- I will not bring files into school without
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet and will not visit Internet sites I know to be banned by the
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has
- The messages I send, or information I upload, will always be polite and
- I will not open an attachment, or download a file, unless I have permission or I know and trust the person who has sent
- I will not give my home address, phone number, send a photograph or video, or give any other personal information that could be used to identify me, my family or my friends, unless my teacher has given
- I will never arrange to meet someone I have only ever previously met on the Internet or by email or in a chat room, unless my parent, guardian or teacher has given me permission and I take a responsible adult with
If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like, I will not respond to it but I will tell a teacher / responsible adult.
Operation Encompass is a new project that schools in Sunderland are taking part in, in partnership with Northumbria Police.
The project aims to support children who are affected by Domestic Abuse. Domestic abuse is really distressing for a young person, who can often see the abuse, hear it from another room, see a parent's injuries or distress afterwards or be physically hurt trying to stop the abuse.
As a result, following any domestic abuse incident being reported into Northumbria Police, specialist Police Officers will make contact with Children’s Social Care who will then communicate relevant and necessary information to nominated Academy staff. This will make sure the Academy is made aware at the earliest possible opportunity and can subsequently provide support to children, ensuring they feel safe and know there is someone who will listen to them.
The Academy has two members of staff (key adults) who have been fully trained to liaise with the Police and Social Services, when required, and will ensure that necessary support is made available to the child following the disclosure of a domestic abuse incident.
I believe that this project demonstrates our school’s commitment to working in partnership, to safeguard and protect children, and to providing the best possible care and support for our pupils.
In the meantime, if you would like to speak to someone further about the project or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Emma Welsh or Ruth Steckles telephone 0191 3006506
You can also find out more information through accessing the following website: http://www.operationencompass.org/
In Academy 360 the Kidsafe programme delivered in primary deals with building children's confidence, self-esteem and equips children with effective skills to deal with unsafe situations.
Kidsafe enables children to value themselves and others and helps children to make wise and healthy choices/decisions in their lives.
Kidsafe teaches children to recognise and/or prevent abuse i.e., what is appropriate and what is not appropriate, this is done in an age appropriate, fun and non-scary way through a variety of media including the use of a puppet, games and singing. The topics that are covered are raising self-confidence, feelings, and talking about our feelings, bullying, respecting our bodies, inappropriate touching, secrets, communication skills, assertion - saying NO, computer/internet safety and age ratings on DVD's and computer games.
The programme is delivered by trained tutors.
If you have any questions about the Kidsafe programme please contact Mrs Treleavan.
Minecraft Guide for Parents
Click below to download the Minecraft Guide for Parents. Prepared for Academy 360. Excerpted from The Parent’s Guidebook to Minecraft® by Cori Dusmann.
Snap Chat Guide for Parents
Click below for a Parents Guide to Snap Chat
YouTube Guide for Parents
Click below for a Parents Guide to YouTube.
Primary Acceptable Use Policy
A Parents Guide to Instagram
Click below to download a Parents Guide to Instagram
Click below for information on how to set up parental controls on your home computer.
Parents Guide to Social Networks
Click below for a Parents Guide to Social Networks.