We operate a cashless catering system for purchase of food and drink in the academy. We accept payments online, via PayPoint and an internal cash loader for dinner money. Using a secure website called ParentPay you will be able to pay online using your credit or debit card. ParentPay will be our preferred method of making payments.
What are the benefits to parents and pupils?
- ParentPay is easy-to-use and will offer you the freedom to make online payments whenever and wherever you like, 24/7.
- The technology used is of the highest internet security available ensuring that your money will reach school safely – offering you peace of mind.
- Payments can be made by credit/debit card or also through PayPoint.
- Full payment histories and statements are available to you securely online at anytime.
- Your children will not have to worry about losing money.
- Parents can choose to be alerted when their balances are low via email and/or SMS text.
Pupils who are entitled to free school meals have a daily allocation put into their account. This will purchase a main course and a dessert or food and drink to the equivalent value.
Applications for free school meals can be made via Sunderland Council Website
A guide on how to apply online for free school meals can be downloaded from here - Free School Meal Application Guide
All pupils stay on site during lunch. Pupils have the option of purchasing food from the dining hall which provides a varied menu each day – sandwiches, paninis, pizza, pasta pots, salad, jacket potatoes with a variety of fillings or a hot meal of the day including a daily vegetarian option. Sweet options include a hot pudding, fresh fruit, yogurt, jelly as well as a variety of cold drinks including plain and flavoured water.
Alternatively pupils can bring a packed lunch from home.
We have the ‘Healthy Schools’ award and want to work with you to ensure that our young people have a balanced and healthy diet.